Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Torment

Do you think you might be blasphemous, a heretic?
You non-believer?
Is it scandoulous merely to shock?
Or is it to awaken?
We scorpion poetesses do seek to awaken from the slumber
Plath’s birthdate I’m not surprised to see was Oct.27th
Mine the 26th
Decades apart
And many astrological differences separate us
Yet our scorpion sun does sting
And then there is my Neptune, mercury and moon all in stellar alignment
Of late I’ve been thinking to keep my mouth shut
The thoughts do torment
Even in my sleep
We must feel
And let it seep out
No, we all won’t be saints
Many of us not
Yet should we be tormented continually by our inadequacies and failings?
What good does that do but to suffocate the spirit
Surely some muster of confidence and egoism must temper the humility
Even of the great and holy
Perhaps of them most
To puff them up
So we might listen

I have survived those thoughts that kill
And know in me, in my heart is my only illness
Not outward
Not owing to any blame
That any spiritual being has
Toward me
Only my own self
And to “thine ownself be true”
Namaste and all that be true!

K.Bandiera
June 13, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home